Re: gdm 2.6.0.8 compile error

Francesco:

Good day, list.
I am trying to compile gnome 2.10 from scratch but gdm 2.6.0.8 stops
with the following error:

From the error messages, I think the problem is that you do not have
the XInput extension installed in your Xserver.  The GDM2 gesture
listeners depend on XInput devices because many people with accessibility
needs use alternative keyboard/mouse devices to interact with the
computer.  So, installing this extension would be perhaps the simplist
way to fix this.  The configure script should probably notice this
problem and complain about it so you don't hit the problem at compile
time.

If you don't need accessibility support, there is really no need to
build or install the gesture listeners at all.  So you could hack
GDM to not build or install these modules.  If you added a configure
option to disable building/installing them, that would be a reasonable
change that could go into CVS head, or if you just want to hack your
build to get around this problem you could change your Makefile to
avoid going into this directory.

Brian

<error>
keymouselistener.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/keymouselistener.o
keymouselistener.c: In function `event_time':
keymouselistener.c:524: error: `XDeviceKeyEvent' undeclared (first use
in this function)
keymouselistener.c:524: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
only once
keymouselistener.c:524: error: for each function it appears in.)
keymouselistener.c:524: error: parse error before ')' token
keymouselistener.c:527: error: `XDeviceButtonEvent' undeclared (first
use in this function)
keymouselistener.c:527: error: parse error before ')' token
keymouselistener.c: In function `keycodes_equal':
keymouselistener.c:549: error: `XDeviceKeyEvent' undeclared (first use
in this function)
keymouselistener.c:549: error: parse error before ')' token
keymouselistener.c:549: error: parse error before ')' token
keymouselistener.c: In function `key_gesture_compare_func':
keymouselistener.c:580: error: `XDeviceButtonEvent' undeclared (first
use in this function)
keymouselistener.c:580: error: parse error before ')' token
keymouselistener.c: In function `gestures_filter':
keymouselistener.c:603: warning: unused variable `xinput_device'
make[3]: *** [keymouselistener.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/pippo/gdm-2.6.0.8/gui/modules'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/pippo/gdm-2.6.0.8/gui'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pippo/gdm-2.6.0.8'
make: *** [all] Error 2
</error>

Does somebody have an idea on what i am missing or doing wrong?
Do I really need "keymouselistener"? If not, how can I get rid of it?

I cannot find similar errors on the internet with google

The configure line is a simple ./configure --with-prefix=/usr/local

My system:
Linux 2.6.8.1
Glibc 2.3.4
Gcc 3.4.1
Binutils 2.15.91.0.2
Xorg 6.8.2

Thank you in advance for every hint or idea...

Francesco