XDMCP related issues

Hi there,

  I just finished setting up my new home network. Unfortunately I don't
have as many displays as I've got machines and I can't afford buying a
KVW-Switch yet.

  So I think of using XDMCP to access all my machines. This brought me
up to these 2 issues:

     1. How do I start the xdmcpchooser in an Xnest window or a second X
        server? I was only able to access the xdmcp chooser from the
        first X server as Xnest (as well as a second X server on vt08)
        exited when I wanted to open the xdmcpchooser.
     2. Is it possible to encrypt xdmcp? Of course it is if I use SSH
        tunneling, but I don't think that that's what I want.

Regards,
  Sven
--
Sven Herzberg <herzi gnome-de org>