Re: Documentation on creating themes

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 11:26:33AM +0100, Brian Cameron wrote:

> Rob:
>
> > Is there any documentation of any kind for creating themes? i cant seem
> > to find anything on what kind of xml tags and options it can handle.
>
> I recently wrote the attached document that describes the XML format
> for gdm2 themes.  People can free to use this documentation as they
> wish.  Should it get added to the gdm2 docs?
>
> Brian

Here are some comments and additions:  I'm currently updating CVS with some
of this stuff BTW.

>            Possible values for button ids are as follows:
>
>              language_button   - Select language
>              disconnect_button - Disconnect from remote session
>              reboot_button     - Reboot system
>              halt_button       - Halt system
>              suspend_button    - Suspect system
>              session_button    - List available sessions
>              system_button     - Perform halt/reboot/suspend/etc. options
>                                  (if allowed by gdm configuration).  Also
>                                  allows user to run configurator if user
>                                  enters root password (again if allowed
>                                  by gdm configuration).
>              config_button     - Only allows configure system

Should add
		chooser_button - Runs XDMCP chooser

>         You can also specify the "type" value to indicate that certain
>         items should only be displayed if the type is true.  Valid values
>         include the following:
>
>           config   If ConfigAvailable is set to "true" in gdm.conf file.
>           system   If SystemMenu is specified in gdm.conf file
>           halt     If HaltDaemon is specified in gdm.conf file.
>           reboot   If RebootCommand is specified in gdm.conf file.
>           suspend  If SuspendCommand is specified in gdm.conf file.
>           timed    If TimedLoginEnabled is set to "true" in gdm.conf file.

First you need to add "chooser" to the list which is when ChooserButton is
true.

Well this is kind of wrong since currently there is type and subtype, but
that is broken as hell.  So as long as you are not using halt, reboot or
suspend here, it works.  I will change this in CVS.  It really makes sense
to do it in the way you describe and I was on crack when I added subtype,
I admit freely to that.  Though you need to change this a bit.  halt,
reboot, suspend, config and chooser only will show if system will also be
on, since setting SystemMenu=false disables ALL of those.

>       Stock:
>
>         Certain common localized labels can be specified via the stock
>         tags.  The "text" tag is ignored if the "stock" tag is used.
>         The following values are valid:
>
>            language           _("_Language")
>            session            _("_Session")
>            system             _("S_ystem")
>            disconnect         _("D_isconnect")
>            quit               _("_Quit")
>            caps-lock-warning  _("You've got capslock on!")
>            timed-label        _("User %s will login in %d seconds")
>            welcome-label      _("Welcome to %h")
>            username-label     _("Username:")

Add
	     chooser            _("_XDMCP Chooser")

And I would say that the actual labels may change slightly, but that this way
you don't have to include translations in your project and it will always use
the same labels as all the other themes.

Feel free to commit and I can make these changes along with some more
editting maybe.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   In the fight between you and the world, back the world.