Session groups

Hi all

I am using an linux terminal server (ltsp.org) that
works wonders thanks to your contribution to linux.

I have used gdm for some time now and its simply
great.

A few days ago, I was approached to give a group of
users access to gnome window manager, and another
group of users access to a console session only.

So it comes down to two questions:

a: is it possible to create session groups? as in, a
few users are aseigned to something to
/etc/X11/gdm/Sessions and another group of users
asigned another directory with different scripts, so
allow them access to the preconfigured window managers
of the admins choice?

b: is it possible to make GDM authenticate an user
back to the Xwindow free command prompt (que
equivalent of F1)? The purpose is to run tn5250
client, to gain access to a text based AS400 server.

thank you al in advanced