Re: Failed to start the display server several times in a short time period; disabling display :0

On 2003 Jan 05, George wrote:
> > in appendix: gdm.conf and gdm.syslog
> >
> >  again, it looks like the greeter dies

 Thanks vary much George,

> Hmmm, can you try running gdmgreeter instead of gdmlogin?

 I tried it (forgot to mention, sorry) and it looped and bailed out as well.
I just captured a debug enable=true syslog and it looks similar.
 It seems like the SIGUSR2 handling between processess is somewhat broken.

> It is more likely
> that either a new version of the gtk/gnome libs is hitting a bug in the
> greeter or the other way around.  So perhaps seeing if the graphical greeter
> works might be an indication of such problems.
>
> George

 I admit that I should not run all that latest stuff.

By the way I am not complaining, (I am a big boy ;-)), all
I want to to is rapport and help.

--
 Marc Duponcheel
    marc offline be [home] +32 (0)3  449.44.94