Re: GDM face browser and FreeBSD

I don't normally post, but:

> I realize you probably don't want to run gdmlogin with euid 0, but if you
> did, this check would work as expected on FreeBSD.  I also have a related
> proposal.  Since GDM supports PAM, this check should probably be wrapped
> in:

If GDM is doing PAM then it should be using the account facility to
see if the user is permitted to access the requested service :-)

Incidentally, if you are using PAM, then don't check the password
file to see if a user exists - locally we are using xdm (slightly
modified) because gdm was harder to convince to trust PAM rather
than the password file.

> Joe

Julian
--
Julian King
Computer Officer, University of Cambridge, Unix Support