GDM face browser and FreeBSD

Ever since GDM required the gdm user, the face browser hasn't worked on
FreeBSD.  I dove in to figure out why, and found gdmlogin was checking if
the users' passwords were NULL, *, or !!.  Since FreeBSD's getpwent always
returns '*' when called by a non-root user, this check was always true.

I realize you probably don't want to run gdmlogin with euid 0, but if you
did, this check would work as expected on FreeBSD.  I also have a related
proposal.  Since GDM supports PAM, this check should probably be wrapped
in:

#ifndef HAVE_PAM
#endif

Since PAM may be doing the authentication, and the user's password on the
local system may be '*'.  Thanks.

Joe