Re: gdm and fresh freebsd install

Thrawn> I just installed X11R6, gnome, and gdm 1.2 but I am having
Thrawn> some issues, when I go to login, gdm comes back and says
Thrawn> authentication has failed.

Thrawn> is there an option that I need to turn off/on in gdm.conf that
Thrawn> I am missing?

Thrawn> I have a standard FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE install, if that helps
Thrawn> any.

To the best of my knowledge, nobody has ported GDM to FreeBSD yet.  As
a matter of fact, the last FreeBSD person I heard from got the exactly
same message.

The GDM source is very POSIXy, so I expect it to be some weirdo
miscommunication between the daemon with the FreeBSD authentication
subsystem.

Debugger output and log files are appreciated.

--
Martin K. Petersen      Principal Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
http://mkp.net/         SGI XFS, Linux/PA-RISC, GNOME