Re: GDM Setup

Jason> That would be *relatively* easy to implement being that it
Jason> simply uses the normal XDMCProtocol and requires only normal
Jason> indirect display manager behaivhor. Perhaps the greeter could
Jason> even allow an option to drop back out to the chooser, etc...

That was the idea, yes.

Jason> On the Above setup, When/Ever would such a setup be possible?

Whenever I find time to merge my hacks into the main tree.

Choosing is such a horrid hack.

[GDMCP]

Well.  I agree with the principles, here.  However, I'm much more in
favor of extending XDMCP to support choosing instead of reinventing
the wheel.

Similarly, I think that the real solution for remote X logins would be
to add a new security extension to X (to complement MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE,
XDM-AUTHORIZATION, SUN-DES and MIT-KERBEROS).

But thanks for your musings.  I'll keep them in mind.

--
Martin K. Petersen      Principal Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
http://mkp.net/         SGI XFS, Linux/PA-RISC, GNOME