Re: a FAQ? How dos one make gdm do XDMCP?

Thanks,
  I tried XDMCP=1 after I found that documentation, but the machine didn't
show up on the chooser windows, I added the /etc/hosts.allow line, and it
still didn't work...  Isn't 'TCP Wrappers' tcpd? meaning that I need to
set it up
in /etc/inetd.conf?  Or does gdm listen itself as a daemon?  Or must I
invoke it as /usr/sbin/tcpd gdm ?

Now in the following, I already have xdm up, so I why it was murdered is
not mysterious.  I was able to make it run and work locally, but not for
remote xdmcp brodcast lists, while xdm did work... Does gdm take the same
command line options? (cf: man xdm)

Dave

--
 Dave Forrest                                dforrest virginia edu
 (804)296-7283h 924-3954w      http://mug.sys.virginia.edu/~drf5n/

#####################################  Misc :
[root burns drf5n]# gdm --version
According to /var/run/gdm.pid, gdm was already running (2476),
but seems to have been murdered mysteriously.
[root burns drf5n]# gdm --help
According to /var/run/gdm.pid, gdm was already running (2480),
but seems to have been murdered mysteriously.
[root burns drf5n]# gdm -help
According to /var/run/gdm.pid, gdm was already running (2482),
but seems to have been murdered mysteriously.
[root burns drf5n]# gdm -h
According to /var/run/gdm.pid, gdm was already running (2484),
but seems to have been murdered mysteriously.
[root burns drf5n]# gdm -?
According to /var/run/gdm.pid, gdm was already running (2487),
but seems to have been murdered mysteriously.

############# portion of gdm.conf:
[xdmcp]
Enable=1
HonorIndirect=1