Re: a FAQ? How dos one make gdm do XDMCP?

David> I have a redhat 6.1 install on an IBM netfinity server, and can
David> get xdm serving remote chooser lists easily, but I am unsure
David> how to get gdm to do it.

David> The Ref Manual at: http://www.socsci.auc.dk/~mkp/gdm/gdm.pdf
David> says that TCP wrappers and maybe PAM is needed -- It seems like
David> it wants an entry in /etc/inetd.conf, which would screw up
David> switching from xdm to gdm easily.

All you need to do is to enable XDMCP in gdm.conf.

If you are using TCP wrappers (Please note that Red Hat doesn't
restrict anything by default) you'll need to add a line saying

        gdm: .my.local.net

to /etc/hosts.allow.

--
Martin K. Petersen	Principal Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
http://mkp.net/		XFS, Linux/PA-RISC, GNOME, SunSITE Denmark