Re: [gDesklets] 0.36.[3, 4] memory leak, a.k.a. memory growth after reloading a desklet

Sorry for beeing impatient about this memory issue.
I have to confess, that a reload of any desklet still results in memory growth. However, somehow updating the desklets seems to work without leak now. I made a desklet that shows CPU consumption in a colored circular bargraph using some SVG in the <canvas> tag. This was leaking even without reloading the desklet before I applied the patch to utils/render.c

I also tried to uncover a cause of the memory growth in case a desklet gets restartet. But it's quiet hard for me to go through the sources of gdesklets to find out what actually happens if I select "Restart desklet" from the context menu. Since I ran gdesklets with valgrind and did not find any significant 'definite loss' of memory but a huge amount of 'possibly lost' memory, I have the suspicion that maybe the garbage collector of python does not recognize to free pixelbuffers or other stuff allocated from gtk due to some circular references. Maybe explicitely deleting some gtk related objects
and then calling the garbage collector afterwards may work???
Regarding the above issue, see:

http://faq.pygtk.org/index.py?req=show&file=faq08.004.htp
and
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnome.gtk+.python/2315/match=pixbuf

Anyway, as soon as I discover a possible solution I'll report back

Greetz

Ronny