Re: [gDesklets] Control for Requesters (IInformer, IInformant, IInteraction, IRequester, ...??)

Hi there,

I have been thinking about the Requester Control the last days/weeks and
now I have just added a first draft of it (or better: a few rough
thoughts on it) to lauchpad:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/gdesklets/+spec/control-for-requester

------------
IPopUp it will be ?!

Main ideas:

Buttons:
- provided as [[value, text[, path_to_icon]], ...]
- return "value" of the clicked button or NULL ( or None or "") if
requester was destroyed

Main icon:
- optional
- can be placed left to or above the text (default: left)

Text:
- pango support
- basic text alignment (left, right, centered (and maybe justified?))

So we will have two horizontal boxes (h1 - the left box for the main
icon - and h2) in the top (v1) of two vertical boxes (v1 and v2).
Depending on the main icon (always in h1) we can switch the boxes on and
off accordingly:
- "no main icon" will hide h1 and v2 and the text will be displayed in h2
- "main icon left to the text" will hide v2 and the text will be
displayed in h2
- "main icon above the text" will hide h2 and the text will be displayed
in v2

If there will be no objection and/or other new input, comments, ideas
etc. I will start implementing it ASAP.

It should be an "official Control" that comes with gDesklets 0.36.3 (and
up).

So... just go ahead and shoot ;).

Greetings, Bjoern