Re: [gDesklets] gDesklets 0.36.2 status

Hi there,

> What is the status of 0.36.2?

Well... not much feedback yet ;).
But it looks good enough to me.

> Has it been determined that the 15pieces bug (#515236) should block
> this release?

More or less... yes.
It would be a bad idea to have it released with a (50%) non-working
puzzle (and knowing about this bug).

> Has there been enough time with 0.36.2_rc1 available for testing that
> we can be confident about releasing it?

It has been "released" on 11-Dec-2009 on the gdesklets.info site.
But this "release" has only been announced on the mailing list.
Anyway, I think we should be ready to have it released. It just needs
some cleaning up (delete the backup files etc.).

> IMHO, there have been enough bug fixes to push forward with the
> release if Bjoern and others working on #515236 would like some more
> beta time with his fixes (I haven't had the interest to fully
> understand or test the problem).

Well, I don't have a lot of time to play the puzzle... sorry, to test
the puzzle ;). But as fas as I understand the problem and with all the
"debugging/status output" it looks good to me.
I would say the bug can be closed. Just some code cleaning needs to be
done and the puzzle needs to be re-randomized if cannot be solved. Other
ways to bring the puzzle into a solvable state - like switching tiles -
can be integrated later (IMHO).
But I have just played a few rounds. So maybe I am wrong here.

> I think this bug (and the other bugs targeted for 0.36.3) should be
> addressed in 0.36.3.  And maybe some of the blueprints be shifted to
> 0.36.4 to get those bug fixes out.

I would say: let's clean it up and have it packed for a release
including v0.8 of the puzzle.

> I'm willing to make 0.36.2_rc1 available for Gentoo users if you'd
> like more testing done.

Sure... why not. I have no problem with that.

>  Thoughts?  Or am I just getting impatient?

YES, it's ONLY you getting impatient ;).
Na, just kidding. We should definitively go for it.

I hope to find the time on this weekend to clean things up and have a
new tarball for testing ready for you guys. If this looks OK we should
have it released as 0.36.2.

Just another problem:
Anyone in here how has access to the official website to have the
release announced ?

Greetings, Bjoern