Re: [gDesklets] Showing advance

Hi Mario,

Mario González T. wrote:
In the middle of my job, I saw something we can improve and I wanted to
do
it right now: we are validating the arguments but not the options. So, I
used the optparse module[1] to help me in that purpose (we're not
including a new dependence, it's included in the python core); that help
us to make gdesklets more "traditional":

good idea. Definitely an improvement in my view.

What this patch does:

 1) check if there already is a desklet instance of the display I want
open (for this I've added a new option used by the "open" order):
--check-first or -c

    if so,  open the old one
    if NOT, open a new instance

 2) avoid "double imports in python" in gdesklets file.

I don't get the -c option. Does this restart the old one in case #1? If so, could this option be rephrased somehow?

cheers,
lauri