Re: [gDesklets] Broekn Website when downloading the new controls

Hi again,

yesterday I took a look into the problem with the site. I managed to download and setup the website on my new server.

.. and I couldn't reproduce the issue.. everything worked just like it should.

And then the website went down. I can't access gdesklets.de or gdesklets.org, so I can't submit new controls there.

Did the control page work finely before you submitted the new version? i.e. did the submission of the new version break the page?

Hopefully the site is up tomorrow.

Cheers,
Lauri

Lauri Kainulainen kirjoitti:
Bjoern Koch wrote:
Still not working :/.
And there are a few Displays out there which need some of these controls...

*SIGH* ;)

all the new controls cannot be downloaded as the download links are
linked back to the control's site.

sorry about this.. i see that the first post about this was on 28.9.. i guess i was so busy with my thesis that i missed the whole thing (should be posted as a bug on launchpad anyway).

I'll try to fix this today.

Christian Meyer wrote:
Maybe, we should really write our own django-based webpage, right Lauri.
This drupal stuff seems to cause more problems than necessary.

I'd love to do a website on django, but I'm afraid we don't have the resources for something like that. The custom code needed for the current site is already quite a lot and converting all that to python+django is not a small task.

My priorities are currently:
0) fix major bugs
1) get shell2 out of the way
2) start working on 0.40