Re: [gDesklets] !!Please test!!

Hola!

> try gdesklets slay

This is one of the first things I always try :).

> and remove ~/.gdesklets

OK, moved it to .gdesklets_backup (as all my devel work is in there).

> make sure the libs are correctly installed

??? Which libs are you exactly talking about ?
I am installing gDesklets as mentioned in the README (or so):

./autogen.sh
./configure
make
su -c make install

Anyway, here's the new output:

----- snipp -----
/usr/local/lib/gdesklets/gdesklets start

You're running gDesklets for the first time.
gDesklets will start a requirements check now...

Checking requirements:
 - sys ... found
 - xml.parsers.expat ... found
 - xml.sax ... found
 - gtk ... found
 - ORBit ... found
 - bonobo.ui ... found
Requirements checking done. Your system looks ok!
Starting gdesklets-daemon...
Connecting to daemon [     ###     ]
==========================================================[07/28/07-17:10:55]===
Registering new control "/usr/local/lib64/gdesklets/Controls/ArrayBuffer".

Connecting to daemon [###          ]
==========================================================[07/28/07-17:10:56]===
Registering new control "/usr/local/lib64/gdesklets/Controls/EventPipe".

Connecting to daemon [   ###       ]
==========================================================[07/28/07-17:10:56]===
Registering new control "/usr/local/lib64/gdesklets/Controls/Sensors".

Connecting to daemon [       ###   ]
==========================================================[07/28/07-17:10:56]===
Registering new control "/usr/local/lib64/gdesklets/Controls/Time".

Connecting to daemon [     ###     ]
==========================================================[07/28/07-17:10:57]===
Registering new control "/usr/local/lib64/gdesklets/Controls/System".

Connecting to daemon [###          ]
==========================================================[07/28/07-17:10:58]===
Registering new control "/usr/local/lib64/gdesklets/Controls/Calendar".

Connecting to daemon [       ###   ]
==========================================================[07/28/07-17:10:58]===
Registering new control "/usr/local/lib64/gdesklets/Controls/HDDTemp".

Connecting to daemon [      ###    ]
Registering new control "/usr/local/lib64/gdesklets/Controls/URI".

Cannot establish connection to daemon: timeout!
The log file might help you solving the problem.

> i further need to know your library versions

gtk+ is 2.10.13
pygtk is 2.10.4

Any lib missing ?

Greetings, Bjoern