Failed to contact configuration server

Hey All!

I've got a Python script that changes my desktop background and it works great, when I run it from the CLI.  However, I want my background to be changed automatically, so I placed a call to this script in my `crontab' file.  I know the script is running, because I get email messages from `cron', but the messages contain the following error:

glib.GError: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: Not running within active session)

Why is it that this script works fine and changes the desktop background when I manually run it, but I get this error when the same script is run as a `cron' job?  Can you please help.

         Sean Carrick
         Home:  309-244-7509
         Cell:  309-202-9084
         Email: