problem with gconfd

Hi friends
I am administrator of relatively big installation of SunRays with many users. I would like to set some preferences in gnome (java) desktop as mandatory or default. What is correct way to convert local user setting (created by graphical tool stored in
$HOME/.gconf) into default or mandatory setting.
Is there a way to find out from which resource gconfd loaded value of the key? Both gconftool-2 and gconf-editor display value of keys but not from which repository
(mandatory, local, default) it was loaded.
Regards
Jan