Re: Warning in adding GConf schemas

Ramprasad schrieb:
I see now that this key does not exist. The schema you installed is intended to apply to a clock applet object in the panel. The exact key

paths to which it may be applied depend on the panel configuration and

contain a programmatically generated instance name.

I checked the clock.schema file on my system and it does not contain
any
  'applyto' elements, so it won't be automatically applied to any keys

when you install it.

So, we cannot install /apps/clock_applet/prefs/hour_format?

What actually is your problem? You can easily create a key by that name and even apply the schema entry to it using gconftool-2, but what would that be good for?

That schema will be applied to the appropriate keys (somewhere under /apps/panel) when a clock applet is installed into the panel.

- Jörg

PS: On my system, with historically grown configuration, there are several keys to which this particular schema entry has been applied:

$ gconftool-2 --get-schema-name \
    /apps/panel/applets/clock_screen0/prefs/hour_format \
    /apps/panel/profiles/default/applets/applet_7/prefs/hour_format \
    /apps/panel/profiles/default/applets/clock/prefs/hour_format \

/apps/panel/profiles/default/applets/clock_screen0/prefs/hour_format /schemas/apps/clock_applet/prefs/hour_format