Re: Warning in adding GConf schemas

Ramprasad schrieb:

I need a help regarding adding new schemas to Gconf.

I installed *clock.schemas* and still I get an following warning highlighted in red color

[root ramprasad sbin]# gconftool-2 --get-schema-name /schemas/apps/clock_applet/prefs/hour_format

*No schema known for `/schemas/apps/clock_applet/prefs/hour_format'*

Well, you haven't installed a schema for the schema. Nor should you necessarily have wanted to.

To inspect the schema you have installed, you can use something like
  gconftool-2 -get /schemas/apps/clock_applet/prefs/hour_format
or
  gconftool-2 --recursive-list /schemas/apps/clock_applet

But to check whether your schema has properly been applied as schema, you need to check that key it targets properly points to the schema.

Try (I'm guessing the target key from the schema name):
 gconftool-2 --get-schema-name /apps/clock_applet/prefs/hour_format

HTH

- Jörg