Dasher on ARM unable to connect to DBUS daemon.

Hello,
I am new to gconf-dbus  and IPC and badly stuck up on this.I am trying to get Dasher working on the Angstrom distro (by open-embedded) on an ARM platform (cpu:AT91sam926ej-s..board is at91sam9263ek)..I  had cross-compiled the source code for version 3.2.0 with the options --without-gnome and --without-a11y.The package build went on fine.But at runtime it gets aborted with the following error message:
GConf warning:client failed to connect to Dbus  Daemon
Failed to execute DBus launch to autolaunch DBus session.
This message is repeated quite a few times from diff.addresses...and finally it complains about an invalid pointer and aborts.
Here are a few test-results:
ps -a | grep dbus shows the Dbus daemon running with 3 different PIDs.
ps -a | grep gconf shows gconfd-2 running
gconftool-2 -R /usr/bin/dasher gives the same error mentioned above.
I was also asked to check for /etc/dbus-1/session.conf and dbus-daemon --introspect..both of which work fine (though no idea on how to interpret the output of the latter).
Would be obliged to get some pointers on possible issues.
Thanks,
Kirtika
.