gconfd-2.exe Hanging On Windows

I'm trying to use the gconfd-2.exe executable with GnuCash 2.0 on Windows.
 I'm
having trouble doing so, and the GnuCash list doesn't seem to be able to help
me.  Any help that anyone on this list can give me would be greatly
appreciated!

When I try and start GnuCash on Windows (which is now working for many
people),
it executes the following command line:

    "C:/Program Files/gnucash/libexec\gconfd-2.exe" 4

This command hangs for as long as I'll let it run, and GnuCash never
starts.  I
don't get any error messages, so I have no idea what's wrong.

So my question is, does anyone know what do I do next to troubleshoot this
issue?  I've tried poking around the process using Process Explorer (from
Sysinternals), but I didn't see anything that really stood out.  What can I
try?

Thanks again to everyone for their help!

Tom Purl