Re: Panel Launcher Config

* Mark McLoughlin <markmc redhat com>:

Hi,

> 	One thing you need to be aware of is that when you add launchers to the
> panel they are copied to ~/.gnome2/panel2.d/default/launchers and given
> pretty insane random names. If you look through your dump file you'll
> see which ones you need - you should copy those to a system wide
> location, give them sane names and replace the GConf value with the full
> path to that .desktop file. If the .desktop file is just a copy of an
> .desktop file which is already available in a system wide dir, just
> point the GConf value at that .desktop file.

Shouldn't be more saner to just place the .desktop files inside the
default launchers directory, and let the panel automatically add those
launchers keys to GConf? In this way, I should be able to just create a
/etc/skel profile, place the .desktop files inside that, and, when the
newly created user logs for the first time, gnome-panel sets up the
correct launchers keys inside GConf.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi (Zefram)                 [ http://www.emmanuelebassi.net ]
GnuPG Key fingerprint = 4DD0 C90D 4070 F071 5738  08BD 8ECC DB8F A432 0FF4