Panel Launcher Config

I want to add a default set of application launchers to a panel for all
users, I'm using Gnome 2.6 on slackware.

I have read the sysadmin manual, but it seems to leave out how to set up a
preconfigured panel with gconftool-2

I have been building a panel, then dumping it to a file, then loading it to
the default, and it seems to do all that, i.e. gconfeditor shows all the
content, but nothing is displayed in the panel.

I assume this is because the 'panel-default-setup.entries' file is not set
up, and I cant find a way to do so.

Anyone got a hand up here?

Thanks

T Davis