Re: Lock NFS ?

Salut

Le Jeudi 19 Septembre 2002 15:06, Andreas J Guelzow a écrit :

> Well let's see:
>
> On your server, when you
> rpcinfo -p localhost
> do you see the nlockmgr (and nfs and status) in the resulting output?

No :

nestor|~# rpcinfo -p localhost
   program no_version protocole  no_port
    100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
    100024    1   udp   1025  status
    100024    1   tcp   1024  status
    100003    2   udp   2049  nfs
    100003    2   tcp   2049  nfs
    100005    1   udp   1000  mountd
    100005    2   udp   1000  mountd
    100005    1   tcp   1003  mountd
    100005    2   tcp   1003  mountd

> On your client, when you
> rpcinfo -p servername
> do you still see the nlockmgr?

No too :

aurelien poste5|~% rpcinfo -p nestor
   program no_version protocole  no_port
    100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
    100024    1   udp   1025  status
    100024    1   tcp   1024  status
    100003    2   udp   2049  nfs
    100003    2   tcp   2049  nfs
    100005    1   udp   1000  mountd
    100005    2   udp   1000  mountd
    100005    1   tcp   1003  mountd
    100005    2   tcp   1003  mountd

> On your client what do you get for
> rpcinfo -p localhost
> (this does not need to show nlockmgr)

aurelien poste5|~% rpcinfo -p localhost
   program no_version protocole  no_port
    100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
    100021    1   udp   1024  nlockmgr
    100021    3   udp   1024  nlockmgr
    100021    4   udp   1024  nlockmgr
    100024    1   udp   1025  status
    100024    1   tcp   1024  status

> On your server you may want to modify the /etc/init.d/portmap file to
> start portmap with -v and the restart portmap. This should give you a
> generous amount of debugging output. (I recall that it help me to
> figure out some portmap problems we used to have but I don't recall
> the details.)

Ok... But where the additional messages can be found ? Not on the
standart output I think :

nestor|~# /etc/init.d/portmap stop
Stopping portmap daemon: portmap.
nestor|~# /etc/init.d/portmap start
Starting portmap daemon: portmapStarting /sbin/portmap...
.

Maybe anywere in /var/log/ ? I look syslog, kern.log and messages but I
don't find anything.

> Good luck

Thank, and thank very much for you interest to my problem :-)

> PS: do you use the kernel or the user space nfs daemon?

Well, my kernel support NFS client and server, but I think I use the
user space daemon :

nestor|~# dpkg -l "nfs*"
un  nfs-client                 <néant>
ii  nfs-common                 1.0-2
pn  nfs-kernel-server          <néant>
pn  nfs-server                 <néant>
ii  nfs-user-server            2.2beta47-12

Bye

--
Utilisateurs de Linux, enregistrez-vous :
http://counter.li.org