Re: Lock NFS ?

Aurélien Le Provost wrote:

And if i type, on the server :

# rpc.lockd

There's no error messsages, but exit immediatly, and a "ps ax"
doesn't show him...

Well let's see:

On your server, when you
rpcinfo -p localhost
do you see the nlockmgr (and nfs and status) in the resulting output?

On your client, when you
rpcinfo -p servername
do you still see the nlockmgr?

On your client what do you get for
rpcinfo -p localhost
(this does not need to show nlockmgr)

On your server you may want to modify the /etc/init.d/portmap file to start portmap with -v and the restart portmap. This should give you a generous amount of debugging output. (I recall that it help me to figure out some portmap problems we used to have but I don't recall the details.)

Good luck

Andreas

PS: do you use the kernel or the user space nfs daemon?

--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
http://www.math.concordia.ab.ca/aguelzow