Re: ACAP backend

On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 00:06, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> It's not a fixed/stable API, it's more of a
> private-your-module-must-be-in-gconf-CVS type of thing. ;-)

/me hastily adds:

typedef void * (*GCONF_API_FUNCTION_TYPE)(...);

> What I would suggest is that you get the "markup" backend from CVS
> HEAD (instead of the scarier XML backend) and just have a look at what
> it does. It's not too complex, and if you have specific questions to
> ask just post them.

And anything involving CVS HEAD isn't scary enough? Sheesh. I'll go find
it sometime tomorrow.

While I've got your attention, one thing did cause me mild concern:

   * Sources may not permit reading/writing from/to /foo but forbid
   * writing to /foo/bar; if a key can be read or written then its
   * subkeys may also be read/written.

This rather goes against ACAP, or, at least, it imposes some pretty
strict restrictions on what we could do with ACAP. I mean, we can set an
ACL on anything down to the attribute level, which is slightly below
GConfValue level, if I read right. I can't really see where that
restriction came in.

Dave.