Re: ACAP backend

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 11:09:22PM +0000, Dave Cridland wrote:
> One slight snag, there's only pretty sketchy documentation about on how
> the backend API actually works. Certainly on RedHat 8, the header files
> aren't even included in the RPM. (Now, if only we knew someone who
> worked at RedHat we could complain to, eh?)

It's not a fixed/stable API, it's more of a
private-your-module-must-be-in-gconf-CVS type of thing. ;-)

> Does anyone have the patience required to talk me through gently?

What I would suggest is that you get the "markup" backend from CVS
HEAD (instead of the scarier XML backend) and just have a look at what
it does. It's not too complex, and if you have specific questions to
ask just post them.