Gconf schemas value.

Hi

I compiled and installed a new gnome2 stack, with gconf-2 in the opt
directory. /opt/gnome-2.0
My OS is RedHat7.2. I make a new gnome application which use schemas for
default value, but I installed this in other directory in /opt/gnome/ .
The path file is at: /opt/gnome-2.0/etc/gconf/2.
I changed the path where the gconf-2 to search the installed schemas, but it
did not work,
The default source is /opt/gnome-2.0/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults I change it
to /opt/gnome/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults. I installed my application here.
I typed: gconftool-2 --shutdown
I executed again the application but the schemas engine did not worked.
I get the --get-default-source and the source path was the old
/opt/gnome-2.0/etc/.... and it is not specified path by me.
I rebooted the system, and I had the same effects.
I tried to specifie in the home directory in .gconf.path file the default
source address, but this did not work.

Can somebody help me, how I can to change this path (default source path)?
Or it is recomanded to install the schemas at path defined default by the
gconf?

Best Regards
Paul Sprencz