Re: GConf design goals.

Dietmar Maurer <dietmar ximian com> writes:
> The difference is that only bonobo-conf programs can access those
> values if I decode everything into a string. Else every program can
> access/modify those values.

Why? Any program can call corba_any_to_string() and vice versa.

But the same situation applies if I store XML as a string, or a string
that's a hex value for a color, or whatever. Client programs have to
understand the format of the value they are using. I don't see a
reason to special-case CORBA formats in this respect.