Re: GConf design goals.
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Dietmar Maurer <dietmar ximian com>
- Cc: Colm Smyth <Colm Smyth Sun COM>, bje apnic net, gconf-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GConf design goals.
- Date: 02 Mar 2001 16:19:42 -0500
Dietmar Maurer <dietmar ximian com> writes:
> I consider the possibility to store CORBA_any as more flexible, since I
> do not make any restrictions to the data which can be stored.
> Your argument is to protect users from doing strange things. I simply think
> you can't protect someone from making errors. Maybe you can make I a
> bit more unlikely. On the other side there are many usage scenarios where
> structures are perfectly well, and I want to allow the use of structures
> it is useful.
If you just want to use structures, you can just use a wrapper such as
bonobo-conf, or just a utility function such as
corba_any_to_string(). I don't see what difference that makes for
GConf in any deep sense.
] [Thread Prev