Re: gconf.xml.defaults permissions

Le 2001.07.19 15:23, Havoc Pennington a écrit :

> The thing is that if GConf has to create a directory, it will always
> use 700, because the directory may be private and we want to err on
> the safe side. But if the directory already exists as 755, then GConf
> will leave it unchanged. The perms for subdirectories are copied from
> the top directory. (This also means that if you chmod -R an existing
> directory, GConf will keep it the way you chmod'd it.)
>
> So for the RPM, I has the spec file go ahead and create the directory
> 755 and included the directory in the package.

Since gconf.xml.defaults must be 755, and /etc/gconf/1/path must be present
if an app wants to be able to use a global schema, why aren't those two
files created when make install is run ?

Another question : some apps seem to put their schema file in
/etc/gconf/schemas. Is it necessary?

Otherwise, galeon cvs is now using gconf instead of gnome_config, and it's
working great, apart from this issue with global schemas

Thanks,

Christophe