Re: gconf schema

Christophe Fergeau <teuf users sourceforge net> writes:

> Actually, I have another problem :(
> Thanks to your help, I managed to correctly install the schema file in
> /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults
> However, when I try to run galeon, it doesn't seem to find the default
> values. I put a path file in /etc/gconf with
> xml:readonly:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults as last line, but it doesn't
> seem to help.
>
> Any idea ?

First thing to do is be sure you are logging user-level stuff to
syslog.

Add this to /etc/syslog.conf:
  user.* /var/log/user

Restart syslogd.

Older versions of gconf will then log copious junk to /var/log/user,
newer versions will start logging copious junk if you
"killall -USR1 gconfd-1"

Then that might help figure out what's up, if it makes no sense to you
send it to me. I have a batch of outstanding patches and am planning a
release soon, so if it's a GConf bug I can get it fixed and make a
release.

Also, just use "less" to look at the files in
/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults, and be sure the schema itself is in
there, and be sure the schema name is set on the key you want the
default for.

That is, if you have:
 /apps/galeon/foo
 /schemas/apps/galeon/foo

Then be sure /apps/galeon/foo has the schema name set on it,
and be sure /schemas/apps/galeon/foo exists.

Thanks!