Re: [patch] eliminate duplicate macros

On Wednesday, August 8, 2001, at 11:43  AM, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:

Committing the macro to HEAD was intentional. My patch
was based on the gconf-1-0 branch, but Havoc asked me to commit also
on HEAD.

I understand that Havoc wanted the rest of your fix on HEAD. But gconf.m4 and gconf-config were removed from HEAD on purpose by Anders Carlsson back on 2001-07-17, and I think they should not be there. We now use pkgconfig instead of this approach. So re-adding a gconf.m4 seems a bit strange to me. For example, GNOME 2 gconf-using programs aren't going to be invoking the AM_GCONF_SOURCE marco that you modified.

So I'm not sure if this is the right way to go. I'm sure Havoc can clear this up.

    -- Darin