Recommendations for notify usage

Hi,

I'm working with an application (Galeon) that contains a lot of
preferences which seem suitable for the notification feature.  For
example, when the Galeon preferences dialog is configured to use a
proxy, we need to relay this information to Mozilla.

Is it a bad idea to install individual notify callbacks for many keys?
I have generalized the notify callbacks when possible so that they can
be used for multiple GConf keys, but I still get the feeling that
performance could suffer with so many gconf_client_notify_add() calls.

Sorry if I'm missing something fundamental here, as this is my first
time using GConf in a non-trivial application.

--
Nate Case <nd kracked com>