Re: Garnome has caused an error and I am unsure what the error code means

Please don't send general posts to garnome-list-request, sending to
garnome-list really is sufficient. :)

> i am new to using Garnome and have read the faq, the man page, and also
> the README file provided in the Garnome-2.24.0 directory.  However, I am
> coming up empty handed on this one.  Here is what the error says:
>
> king1 *** paranoid-install error 2
>
> Can some one help me to understand what this error means and what I need
> to do?

That error just means, that the actual build of a garball failed. It
does not show the actual error, nor even which application it was.
Please paste the entire error message that you get by re-running the
build (paranoid-install) just like you did before.

> I am building this on a Ubuntu Hardy distro with Gnome 2.4.22
> but I don't want the new Ubuntu because it's still a bit unstable for me
> but I want the new gnome as I am blind and need the accessibility
> features it provides.  Thanks very much.

I realize copy-n-pasting the (possibly quite long) full error message
might not be that easy cause you're blind. If that's too hard to do,
feel free to just get a full log and either send it to the list or to me
directly (preferred, the list got a message size limit). You should be
able to get everything using this command

  make paranoid-install  > paranoid.log 2>&1

run from the same directory you used before -- which I hope is desktop/
in the GARNOME build tree. ;)  Then attach paranoid.log to the email.

  guenther