Re: Garnome 2.22.0: evolution-data-server requires OpenLDAP

Good morning and "Frohe Ostern"!

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 3:26 AM, Karsten Bräckelmann
<guenther rudersport de> wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-03-22 at 11:19 +0100, Michael Schmarck wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I downloaded Garnome 2.22.0 and am now trying to do a "make
> > paranoid-install". This fails in evolution-data-server:
>
> Running that command in desktop/ I hope? :)

Nah, from main directory. In the README it of course says:

   cd garnome-x.xx.xx/desktop
   make paranoid-install

but for some reason, I missed the "desktop" part. Oh, well... :)

> > [...]
> > checking for com_err.h... yes
> > checking for Kerberos 4... no
> > checking for purify... impure
> > checking for OpenLDAP... yes
> > checking if OpenLDAP is version 2.x... no
> > configure: error: evolution requires OpenLDAP version >= 2
> > make: *** [configure-work/main.d/evolution-data-server-2.22.0/configure] Fehler 1
> >
> > I suppose changing
> >
> > CONFIGURE_ARGS = $(DIRPATHS) --with-openldap --enable-dot-locking=no
> >
> > CONFIGURE_ARGS = $(DIRPATHS) --enable-dot-locking=no
> >
> > (ie. dropping --with-openldap) would work. But shouldn't it
>
> That probably should work, if you really do not need LDAP (or Exchange
> support, IIRC).

Yep. I'm checking out Garnome at home. No need for LDAP there -
it's total overkill, I think.

> > either be so, that openldap is shipped with Garnome *OR*
> > shouldn't it be so, that e-d-s is built without ldap support?
>
> What's your distro and version?

Gentoo Linux.

> IMHO, neither of these would be correct. ;)  Even my 3 year old
> (recently died) testing environment shipped a sufficiently recent
> version of OpenLDAP. What is your version?

I don't have OpenLDAP installed. I don't need it.

> As per the DEPS file, openldap is a dependency that should be provided
> by the distro.

Ok. Well, IMO it would be better if LDAP stuff wouldn't be
required. LDAP makes a whole lot of sense in a "corporate"
environment - but at home? Hm - what's the "target
audience" of Garnome? I suppose home users, isn't it?

Michael