Re: 2.21.2 and Evolution icons

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 11:28:38 +0000, Peter wrote:

> This may be invalid, but on my selective install of Gnome that only
> includes evolution and dependencies, the icons on the main mailbox
> screen for Inbox, Outbox, and Sent are using broken_images. ( the 'x'
> icon ).

Here was the problem. On my system, I do not install the garnome hicolor-
icon-theme but rather use the system one. My version of hicolor-icon-theme
was 0.9 and garnome is providing 0.10. Upgrading to 0.10 solved this issue.

> In addition, under Edit/Preferences, all the icons are the broken_icons
> as well (Mail Accounts, Autocompletion, Mail Preferences, etc.).

Same fix.

> I've actually seen this before, but do not know exactly why. Both gnome-
> icon-themes and hicolor-icon-themes are being installed via garnome and
> the path to gnome is, of course, set.

Yes, it was an earlier distro release and I upgraded to 0.10 then too :).

> This did not occur with the 2.20.1 installation.

This was curious. Perhaps evolution changed something.

> Anyone else see this? Any suggested workaround?

Probably not since I cherry pick what I choose to have garnome do.

> Thx.

Sorry to be a bother.

--
Peter