2.21.2 and Evolution icons

This may be invalid, but on my selective install of Gnome that only
includes evolution and dependencies, the icons on the main mailbox screen
for Inbox, Outbox, and Sent are using broken_images. ( the 'x' icon ).

In addition, under Edit/Preferences, all the icons are the broken_icons as
well (Mail Accounts, Autocompletion, Mail Preferences, etc.).

I've actually seen this before, but do not know exactly why. Both gnome-
icon-themes and hicolor-icon-themes are being installed via garnome and
the path to gnome is, of course, set.

This did not occur with the 2.20.1 installation.

Anyone else see this? Any suggested workaround?

Thx.
--
Peter