Garnome Startup Scripts : Ubuntu/Debian

Hi folks

Sometimes, setting the Garnome System scripts for the very first time
might be frustraiting, especially if something was misunderstood during
the process. There is no black magic with the garnome start up process, of
course, and we need to do it right just once.

To smooth setting it up, I've made a package with the scripts I use
because this scripts proved to be useful.

__________________
* DESKTOP SWITCHES

Garnome System use to be my main desktop here but it's not my girlfirend's
one, so I keep the System DBUS, Avahi, Hal, g-t-b daemons untoutched
during the OS start up. Although, to launch Garnome we have to start the
garnome deamons and stop the system ones. With the garnome daemons up we
can launch our Garnome Session.
If you want to switch back to your system desktop, you have to logoff,
stop the garnome daemons and start the system ones.

The main scripts are :
 -  garnome-dbus
       wich must be called just once to start DBus, HAL, and Avahi daemons
       properly stopping the system ones. It's a modified version of the
ubuntu system scripts.
 -  garnome-session
       wich set the environment and launch the GARNOME System.
       it is called from a garnome.desktop file at /usr/share/xsessions.

_____________________________
* HOW TO USE IT, Step-by-step

1) If you are in the GDM Login Screen, switch to a terminal with
Control+Alt+F1,
login and run the command bellow to launch the GARNOME daemons:

$ sudo garnome-dbus start

The output might looks like:

--

Stopping SYSTEM Dbus...
 * Stopping System Tools Backends system-tools-backends                 [

Starting GARNOME Dbus...
 * Starting system message bus dbus                                     [
ok ]
 * Starting Hardware abstraction layer hald                             [
ok ]
 * Starting Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Daemon: avahi-daemon                      [
ok ]
 * Starting Avahi Unicast DNS Configuration Daemon: avahi-dnsconfd      [
ok ]

--

2) Back to GDM with Control+Alt+F7 or running 'sudo /etc/init.d/gdm restart'

3) Press F10, change the Session option to 'Garnome'

4) Login with a garnome user and enjoy your Garnome System!
It's really a good idea having a garnome user. Garnome use the lastest
Gnome software, and sharing the same '.' (dot) files on your home
directory with two differents desktop versions can lead you to unneeded
errors.

____________________________________
* HOW TO INSTALL (Ubuntu/Debian way)

1) Get the .deb package at:
        www.din.uem.br/~lmveloso/uploads/garnome_launch_scripts-1.1-1.deb

2) Install it running 'sudo dpkg -i garnome_launch_scripts-1.1-1.deb'

3) Now, create at /opt a symbolic link 'gnome' pointing to your garnome
main image directory, for example:

$ ln -s /opt/gnome-2.17.90 /opt/gnome

When you build the (comming) 2.18-Beta-2, for exemple, you'll just have to
remake the '/opt/gnome' link.

And no script changes anymore.

Cheers,
Lucas