How long?

The FAQ page states:

> 2.1 How long does GARNOME take to build?
> That really depends on your system configuration. On a Celeron 666Mhz
> with 128M of RAM, building the basic GARNOME install takes about 7
> hours, whereas the same build only takes 30-45 minutes on a Dual Xeon
> based Intel System.

I understand "it depends", but I'm running on a 1 GHz portable with 512M
ram and 2 GB swap space.  The garchive is on my machine, I'm using the
"ccache" suggestions and I've killed off most everything else that might
interfering.  I'm well into "day 3" with evolution building.

Are these estimates still accurate?  Is there something else I can do so
that my build finishes before 2.17.6 is released?