Re: Problem compiling evolution-data-server [GARNOME-2.18.1]

On 30/04/07, Joseph Sacco <jsacco gnome org> wrote:
Dan,

You did not mention which platform/distro you are running.

Some distros split packages into "usr" + "devel". Make sure that the
"devel" package for libiconv is installed for your distro.

Sorry ... this is a Linux 'scratch' distro... not sure what it is based on...

I installed libiconv-1.11.tar.gz

GARNOME does provide a version of libiconv in the bootstrap directory.
In general packages in the bootstrap directory should be used sparingly
and judiciously.

Do you mean I should;

cd bootstrap/libiconv/
make

?

I have a feeling I will get the same problem.

Because I am installing everything into a custom location (I set
--prefix while compiling libiconv and main_prefix in gar.conf.mk), I
think their could be a problem with evolution-data-server not
respecting --prefix. I also specifically set the --with-libiconv
option (during a manual configure) but still no joy. I tried using
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but nothing seems to work.

Googling around seems to show an iconv compile problem with this
package, but no specific fix that I could find :( .. something todo
with iconv-detect.c in this package.

Thanks for the help, please let me know what additional information
would be useful,

Dan.

-Joseph

--