Problem compiling evolution-data-server

I found the 'latest' version of evolution-data-server
(evolution-data-server-1.10.1) has a problem at the ./configure
stage... it seems to fail with an iconv problem (I have iconv
installed, but the ./configure script fails to detect it properly). I
got round this by setting the gar-version of this package to 1.10.0,
but then found problems with ORBIT and subsequently other configure
problems (glib<2.0 etc. etc.)... these were all found while trying to
configure evolution-data-server-1.10.1. I wonder if this is something
I did wrong, or a problem with this version of the package in
gargnome.

Thanks for any help,

Dan.