Re: Garnome 2.16 - /usr/lib/libpopt.so: could not read symbols: File in wrong format

[ Sorry Joseph, I meant to send to the list first time round :) ]

On 9/18/06, Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. <joseph_sacco comcast net> wrote:
Sahid,

To finish the popt issue...

Question:

        Is there a popt-64-devel package that should have been installed
        in place of the popt-32-devel package?

I too had real problems with bootstrap/popt on x86_64. It insisted on
installing its libraries into $prefix/lib64, even when expressly told
not to - so they subsequently go unfound by the rest of garnome.

I use a quick symlink hack to work around this:

$ ln -s $prefix/lib $prefix/lib64

Sahid, if you're also compiling garnome under x86_64, I'd be
interested if you managed to get gstreamer to compile; I had problems
with it, due to some dodgy assembler it was inlining from valgrind.

- Adam