Re: GARNOME 2.16.0

The short answer is "yes".

The longer answer...

(1) Excluding certain packages
To exclude package "P", rename it ".P". For an explanation, see the
filter statements in the top level Makefile.

Caveat...  If package "P" is a dependency for package "Q", you will need
to:

* Edit the GAR Makefile for package "Q" and remove package "P" from the
LIBDEPS list.

* Figure out how to satisfy that dependency externally.
Your mileage may vary based upon version compatibility.

(2) Firefox
If your distro provides both firefox *and* firefox development support,

   ./bootstrap/firefox

will not be built.

To see this:

* cd to top of GARNOME src tree

* vi `grep -l firefox */*/Makefile`

Examine the scripting foo in the LIBDEPS lines.

bootstrap/firefox is added to the dependency list only if the scripting
foo cannot locate what it needs. See gar.conf.mk for the definition of
PKG_CONFIG_PATH.

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net