successfully compiled garnome 2.16.1.1 on Mandriva 2007

Hi all,

with only a few problems I compiled garnome 2.16.1.1 on Mandriva 2007 Free Edition. In case someone else wants to try, here are all problems I encountered and my workarounds. The system was not freshly installed, but updated from Mandriva 2006. It may be that most of the problems were inherited from my fooling around with the old version and won't occur on a fresh system.

Ok, here we go:

*freedesktop/glitz didn't configure. It said GL/gl.h and GL/glx.h are missing, although they were installed in /usr/X11/include/GL. After copying this directory to /opt/garnome-2.16.1.1/include/, it worked.

*desktop/evolution-data-server didn't configure, because it couldn't find the OpenLDAP libraries, although they were installed. config.log showed that ld didn't find -llber. In /usr/lib there were several wrong symlinks. Example: libaudiofile.so.0 was a correct link to libaudiofile.so.0.0.2, but libaudiofile.so was a dead link to an older version. After fixing these links, all libraries were found.

*compiling often stopped in several packages because of these dead links, until I fixed them all.

*bootstrap/opal didn't compile, because line 66 in /usr/include/speex/speex_echo.h, 'float * restrict W;' was not accepted by the compiler. I replaced that line with 'float *W;', so it looks like the lines below and above (none of them are 'restricted').

*beagle didn't configure and complained about underquoted definitions of ... (several files), and missing AM_PATH_ORBIT2. That was fixed by installing autoconf and automake from bootstrap.

Hope that helps someone.

Now everything is running fine, except Gimmie. It's not part of Garnome, but just in case, did anyone successfully started that with Mandriva?

Gratefully,
Tsenle