Re: Garnome Dependencies - newbe question

A basic maxim of GARNOME is "do no harm". GARNOME installs within its
own install tree and will not overwrite any system file.

Some "gentle" hints:

(0) read the README one more time... [:-)]

(1) create a new user to build GARNOME

        user = garnome group=garnome

(2) edit gar.conf.mk to set the main_prefix to

        /opt/garnome-x.y.z

where x.y.z is the version you are building

(3) As user root,

        * create

        	/opt/garnome-x.y.z

        * change owner to garnome.garnome

(4) create a soft link from

        /opt/garnome-x.y.z -> /opt/garnome

When it comes time to create your startup scripts, /opt/garnome will be
the root of the GARNOME install tree. When you build a new version of
GARNOME, you will need only to change the soft link to point at the new
version. Your startup scripts should still work.

(5) Check CVS to see what has changed since the last release.

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net