Re: Garnome Dependencies - newbe question

Dear Stef,

I have downloaded garnome-2.14 and have read how to proceed. Before I start I want to calrify again ragarding dependencies. You wrote: "the stable series (of garnome-2.14) had lots of dependencies fixed in the build system." I would like to ask the following:

1. What happens to the lots package already installed and satisfying a number ofdependencies ?

2. Will these packages be reinstalled and overwritten by 'garnome' or does garnome have the ability to know (from ldconfig etc.) which dependencies have been installed and would leave them untouched ?

Thanks & Best Regards

Randhir Phagura