Re: Issues with compiling hal in garnome-0.5.8.1

Hi Guys,

I have compiled hal in garnome 2.17.4 successfully but I had to
manually delete the macbookpro stuff from the makefile.

I have logged a bug report at freedesktop but I coulden't add this
mailing list to the CC list nor did I get any reply back yet :-(

the --without-macbookpro option didn't work unfortunately

Cheers

Stef

On 12/25/06, Peter <sw98234 hotmail com> wrote:
On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 10:41:06 -0500, Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. wrote:

> GARNOME uses 0.5.7.1 in the "stable" 2.16.x branch.
>
> The unstable branch of GARNOME is appropriately named "unstable".  The
> unstable branch serves as a testbed to identify/resolve problems.
>
> We do warn the user community
>
>         Note: GNOME 2.17.x is an unstable branch and is assumed to be a
>         moving target. Therefore, things in this release may not work as
>         advertised.

snip.

DOH, Of course! However, when things don't work, it's nice to know a
workaround. FWIW, 2.17.2 is pretty much where I stop for now. It works
quite well.

Looking more closely, I think gnome-mount requires hal 0.5.8.1 and uses a
new lib call so 0.5.7.x may not be an option.

--
Peter